I've been severely neglecting my blogging. It's not out of lack of things to say (( I've never really had that problem before ;-)) It's mostly been because of lack of time. The last three weeks have flown by at the craziest speed. I remember people telling me when I was young that, as an adult, life hits the fast-forward button. Everytime you wait for things to slow down or lighten up a bit, it just gets worse. I've never felt that hold more true than I do right at this moment.
Our Thanksgiving was good. I LOVE ((LOVE LOVE)) to cook Thanksgiving dinner and I was a little sad not to be doing it this year. But it seemed silly to insist on cooking a big ol' feast for J, Bug and I. So instead We spent it with some good friends and had some delicious turkey & stuffing. Also, we are having a Bon Voyage/End of Cycle/Holiday Extravaganza Party on Saturday, so technically I get to cook the 'big ol' feast then anyways. The day after Thanksgiving was super busy. I spent a disappointing morning at the store. For as busy as the mall was, the store was dead. The things that did sell were none of my things and by the time J came to get me, I was more than ready to leave. I did get to spend the morning with a new friend and it was very nice to get to meet her, even though she is shortly moving to Hawaii. Oh the joys of military friends. After he picked me up, J and I went to do some Christmas shopping at the PX. We got some great deals ((among them a last minute manager's special of 25% off all clearnace clothing)) and also got to spend some much needed time together alone. By the end of my lesson that night I was flat wore out. I got home and made the three of us some hot cocoa and then and racked out for the night at a quarter to eight. Yesterday was busy filling some orders that have been waiting to be done for over a week thanks to a shipping error at the mask company.
And now I am sitting in the store again... wondering what it would take to make some sales. It's dead. Again. And I've really come to accept the fact that Jan 1st will be my move out date. We have weighed all of our options and while it's great for brand recognition, it's doing nothing for our pocket books. I have sold two items in the almost 7 weeks that I have been here. The website and FB are offering me more sales and so, the logical business decision is o move out. I think I've said on here before, that God does not give you what you deserve, but just what you need. When I came into the store the first time, he was doing just that; giving me exactly what I needed. I have had the opportunity to meet some great women. And I do mean GREAT women! I have learned some great business lessons and also some great business management lessons. Knowing when to go is one of them. At this point any sales we make now, are only going to be pre-holiday sales ((which I would greatly appreciate)) are only going to be that. In January I'll be right back where I am now. In preperation for the move out of the store I have marked everything down 25%. Later this evening I will be posting the same sale on Sugar Bee's FB page for any of you who might want a peek.
Other than disappointing sales, life is good. I'm looking forward to our Holiday Extravaganza this weekend and We will be traveling to see J's family in a couple weeks for Christmas and I'm SO excited about that!!
How was your Thanksgiving? What was your best post-Thanksgiving deal??
Sunday, November 28, 2010
General Life Update
Posted by Just_Megs at 12:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment