Let me just begin by saying that for as crazy as things seem to be right now, on the inside I'm so excited I could just pee myself! Sunday was the Spirit of Survival. They had a 5k Run, a 1 mile walk and a childrens 1 mile. There were over 650 kids running and more than 700 adults ran! It was incredible. I met a woman who had three kids and had beaten cancer twice! She said, "I have three kids to take care of, you think I'm gonna let cancer win?!"
We got there fairly early to set up so that we would be one of the few set up while people were getting registration done for the day. Our booth turned out GREAT and we were one of the most festive of the day!
((Sugar Bee's stuff is on the table to the right))
Over the last week I have gotten to know the people that I will be sharing a good portion of my business time with and I am loving them! They are such amazing women! They both are inspirations to me and I am so happy that I found them! We had a great day and sold quite a bit of their stuff. I didn't do bad either. I made four orders and sold 6 other items that I had there. Plus, even better than that, I was able to meet & talk to lots of potential customers and let people know that I'll be in the mall soon. Everyone. EVERY one told me how great the frames were and the wine glasses. They loved them. As an artist, I was so nervous about people actually seeing my stuff for the first time, I thought I was going to throw up. I honestly do not know how painters and other artists do it. I was so nervous people were going to hate it; I think I may have had a mini panic attack as I was setting stuff out. But I felt a lot better after the first few people came by and the day ended up being a great day.
I am SO lucky! And SO blessed! I was going to post pictures but Blogger just gave up on me. I'll be back later to try again.
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Better late than never - The Spirit of Survival 2010
Posted by Just_Megs at 5:40 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You guys had a great looking booth! Your frames are awesome!
Yay, congrats!!! So happy that it went well for you!
Post a Comment