My birthday was yesterday. It started out as a great day and then about 30 minutes after dropping Bug of to run my "first-errands" - the ones every mil-wife has - I started to get a migraine. Pardon the expression, but it really pissed me off. So I took a mini-break, ate a bagel and had some coke and tried the new stuff they gave me, Maxalt. I was instructed to take one every two hours until the migraine went away and then the next time I have one, just take that specific amount of medicine right away. Well I took some, sat a minute ad tried to get some of my errands done. Sometimes if I ignore it enough, they'll go away for awhile. Well that didn't happen and I ended up only picking up the wine glasses and the picture frames for the Spirit of Survival, paid for the hutch for the store and then I made a quick stop to get in and cut my hair. That poor lady. When I get migraines, I get really bad zigzagging lines through one or both of my eyes. THANKFULLY, it happened in the salon and NOT while I was driving, but it was kind of annoying to have to close one eye and try to see if I liked what she was doing.
By the grace of God, Bug was with my friend. She assured me that Bug was not being a problem and demanded that I come home to nap. Which I did, but not before taking another Maxalt. When I woke up, the lights and numbness were gone, but my head was KILLING me. Even after some motrin and another Maxalt, I was sucking yesterday. All in all it was a good day, so many people remembered and sent me birthday wishes. It was so awesome and I felt special and thought of! J brought the hutch home and we ordered in chinese so I could baby my head. He's a good husband :)
This morning I was wide awake again at 5am. Again. Thinking about 50 different things at once. Again. I used the time to start spray painting the hutch. Something I didn't think you could fail at, but if you could see it, you would know I CLEARLY am not a painter. I have decided I am TOO overwhelmed and I need to wwwwooossssaahhh or something. It's definitely not helping the headache ((still pounding)). I'm trying really hard not to put myself under so much pressure to make this perfect. It needs to be great, but perfection just isn't gonna happen. At the same time every dollar we put into my* business is coming out of our* pockets right now. I think, "What if it doesn't sell?" "What if we don't get this money back?" "How will we manage?" "It will be my fault." One thing that I have read in every small business book for every class I have taken is that the income of a sole-proprietorship is limited by the fear or ability of the business owner. This rings in my ears every time I doubt myself. There is so much to be done; it seems like every time I scratch one thing off my list, three more replace it. I'm going to be overwhlemed, it's going to happen. I just need to get over it. It's how I handle it that matters.
How do I handle it? The migraine didn't help much. Migraines aren't a good cure for overwhelming situations. That's like pouring booze on alcoholism. Gasoline on fire... Guess it's time to change my tactics, huh?
Saturday, October 2, 2010
Mi Vida Loca - Every single day
Posted by Just_Megs at 4:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment