THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Here's the truth:

I need a job. We aren't exactly drowning here, but like most Americans, we are barely keeping our heads above water. Right now you're thinking, 'ok Megs, why then are you spending money on horseback riding lessons you don't really need?' More truth: I don't have the answer to that. I like it. I need the break & the workout. Maybe it's wrong, but I feel like that $25/week helps save my sanity.

Any who, in need of a job, I have applied and applied and applied. And have gotten nothing, nothing and, you guessed it, nothing. Scratch that. I got something, once. It was an e-mail stating the company I applied with, needed my approval to start the background process so they could continue the hiring process. Call it false hope or maybe I really just wanted a job *that* bad; either way, the second time I received the e-mail, I decided to call the company. Guess what? The e-mail was from a company only trying to get me to buy my background check. ((Enter the "Womp, womp" sound here)) I felt like an idiot and was no closer to work than I started. Feeling stupid, I called one of my BFF's, Megan ((there's a lot of us)), and she suggested I start an in home daycare. At the time, I laughed it off. Honestly, the thought of having other people's kids in my house screams insurance nightmare to me. However, The amount of money I could potentially start bringing home to my family, staying in MY OWN HOUSE, with MY BABY, well, It got me to think.

I should insert here that I am so "Type-A" personality it isn't funny. When I think I may want to start something, I study and research and study and discuss EVERY little aspect of whatever it is until I have literally beaten a dead horse with information. I'm a little ridiculous. That being said, when I say it got me to think, thats exactly what I did.

I researched: my state laws, how many kids I could have, what the process was, what the average home-daycare charges per child. I even called and spoke with my home owner's insurance to see how much it would affect that. Then I went down to the Department of Human Services and spoke to them and asked them questions and got any information I could from them. Then I took ALL this information to my husband and said "hey, what do you think?" We had a long discussion and decided it sounds like a good opportunity.

Fast forward to now. I am in the process of getting a bunch of things accomplished, including CPR and First Aid certification, Childcare Provider Classes, and background checks - real ones, BEFORE the informational meeting. After that meeting I can turn in the complete packet of information and then I have a one on one meeting and an in home inspection and WHAM! Hello new business owner!

I am really excited for what this could mean for my family and for me. I have always wanted to own my own business and if its something I like I can do it for a long time, or not. All I just need now, is for everything to go smoothly. Maybe with a little luck, by September 15th, Sugar Bee's Hive will be buzzing with the pitter-patter of six full time children :o)

0 comments: