THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Clouds

I like the clouds. I always have. Once, when I was in eighth grade, some random girl made me cry because she called me a freak because I randomly said how beautiful the gray clouds were when it was about to storm. I like to watch them move across the sky, the way they swirl from little wisps into giant fluffy clouds. That is one thing I can honestly say about Oklahoma: The sky is amazing here. It probably has something to do with how flat it is. If you are standing in just the right spot and stare at the sky, it makes you feel so small and meaningless.

Today we had my favorite clouds. They are the ones that look like they have been set individually on top of our little snow-globe. The really thick ones that are gray on the bottom, but the tops are the whitest-sunniest-happiest things you could ever see. They are my favorites! I love them. And I notice them here a lot, right before an afternoon thunderstorm.

You may be wondering why I haven't discussed much of my business here in a week or so. I've been pretty down on myself about things. I take everything way too personally and I really need to learn to breathe when I get overwhelmed like I have been. I have been beating myself up because my little teeny business hasn't become an over-night-success with just one business contact. Don't worry I'm shaking my head and rolling my eyes at me too, it's ok. On my way to the meeting, this afternoon, I was marveling at the amazing clouds. I had an amazing meeting with a very nice lady at the Oklahoma Small Business Development Center, today. She gave me SO much helpful information and suggestions and great ideas. I really feel back on track with things. I HIGHLY suggest for anyone out there who is starting their own business to contact their local Small Business Development Center. I do believe every state has one and it really was the kick in the butt I needed to get myself back on track. Just talking to someone who can look at what I am wanting to do and tell me, "This is great! You can do this!" Was really all I needed. I'm not alone in this and just because one person said I couldn't do it doesn't mean that is how everyone feels.

I've never really ever been able to say why I love the ones that I do, so much. Today I realized what it is. It's the gray and white of the cloud that makes me so happy. They are gray on the bottom and white and amazingly beautiful on the top. It's like they have been screaming at me all this time "Megs! JUST LOOK UP!" I can't control it. There may be rain, but the sun always follows it.

0 comments: