THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, August 27, 2010

Its Graduation Day Again

**Warning! This is a very cynical post. I didn't mean it to be but after I finished, I rearead it and decided a warning was in order.**

It happens every Thursday and Friday. Family Day and then Graduation from BCT. Today it just happens to be J's unit graduating. Every Thursday and Friday our small little town is inundated with JOE and JOE's family. ((JOE is a general term for all BCT soldiers. Its is in no way meant to be disrespectful. And it is no where near what I would like to call them)) It's so bad, J and I rarely leave the house on these days, and when we do when get smirked at or oggled by JOE. Sometimes, I just want arm-bar them.

When I say inundated, I mean full blown take over. They are everywhere. Like cochroaches. In all the cracks of every open space they can find. They are ate-up too. They walk around with their shirts untucked, their berets tucked into their belts, their hands in their pockets, talking on their cell phones. Their hair is a mess, they have backpacks on, their rank is crooked. Really, it's disgusting. Their families aren't any better. I saw more panties at the last graduation ceremony, then you do standing in the hane's section at Walmart. I get the desire to look sexy for your man that you haven't seen in 11 weeks(ish) but there is a time and a place for your skirt to be so short, people can see your panties. Or lack there of. Also, thoroughly disgusting.

Now your thinking, 'Come on Megs, don't be so bitter. You've been there, you know how it feels.' Now, that right there, is the beauty of the situation. My husband goes to work for 80-115 hours a week. These people sap the life out him. Do you know he had to have the "Be a Man" conversation with a weeping 41 year old? Can you imagine, sitting next to someone 15 years OLDER than you and telling them why they need to put their big-boy-panties on? J comes home pissed off and defeated by ridiculous red tape that says they can't make JOE do push ups when its hotter than 91 degrees and boo-hooing soldiers who cry about skinned knees and how "hard" BCT is. All of it and we are supposed to be happy for them and accepting of them on graduation day. Sorry, But I can't seem to make myself care. The really bad thing is J hates sending them off to their next unit. He knows they aren't disciplined and they're fat whiny babies. He also knows that when they get there, their NCO's will say "Hey Private! Who the F was your DS? I want to know what is name is so I can punch him in the face for graduating you, should I ever meet him!" Because that is what he said to new soldiers when he was the NCO. Now he feels bad for ever blaming the DS.

There is light at the end of this dark little tunnel, though. We have roughly 275 days left here at Ft. Sill, OK. Um, not that we're counting? ((hehe)) Then we'll go back to the "real" Army. Where he can tell JOE to look at the numbers on each shoulder, add them together, and push :) And as for me, I have yet to arm-bar a JOE. Though several times, I have seriously considered it. The prospect of being stuck here for longer usually talks me out of it. To prevent any unfortunate mishaps I think, today, I'll just stay in my house.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I love you, and your perspective on things! I must admit my husband is a chubby, undisciplined soldier. He always tells me he uses his brains not his brawn as a doctor. I've tried to whip him into shape, but have failed. LOL! He's deployed now so we'll see what happens when he gets home. But one thing can be said for OccDoc, he is never, ever sloppy or unprofessional when in uniform (other than his pudgy gut). That would piss me off, too.

Anonymous said...

You know, you're right. And that is exactly the reason that Privates have the reputation that they do. They arrive fresh outta BCT and haven't seemed to learn a damn thing! And really, it doesn't sound bad. It's YOUR blog, so you CAN be opinionated!

Mrs. Duh said...

I know exactly what you mean! I hate graduation weekend! The whole Drill Instructor wife thing is making me quite cynical, too.

I have been counting the days until this tour is over! Hang in there!!