I am a full time student general ed/entreprenuer student with Central Texas College. I have one more semester (after fall) before I earn my degree. My fall classes start on Monday, my summer class doesn't end until Friday. It's all good though, because I just want to be done with the class. CTC is an AWESOME tool for any spouse out there looking to return to school. They offer full online courses and they have a test proctor at every Army post, so you are never forced to transfer because of a move.
Originally, I didn't want to take a summer class. May and June were very hectic months for me and having the three end of quarter classes during that time was very hard. However, a week into summer I became insanely bored ((emphasis on insanely)) and decided to take just one class to occupy me. It needed to be done anyways right? What is the point of putting it off? So I go through my mandatory classes and decide to take Composition II. This would be my sixth online class and I think I am an old pro at it. It's mandatory for my degree and if I want to continue on to a four year. I think composition should be no problem, right? English is my first language and I feel that I am a fairly decent writer so I should be ok.
The class started off well. I had a 96% in the class until it was time to take the first exam. I go to the test proctor (they are certified through the college to be sure that I do not cheat or whatever) to take my exam. There are 50 multiple choice questions and an essay question regarding the poem that was given. I answered all the questions first then when I tried to begin my essay, the computer would not let me isert the curser into the essay-box. I tyr clicking in several different locations and then get the test proctor. She comes in, cannot fix teh issue and then tells me to open a Word Document, write my essay and then attach to an e-mail through the system to my instructor explaining the issue. In six classes, I have NEVER had a computer issue. I am a student and I do as I was told by the test proctor because that is how it is supposed to be.
A few hours later I get a nasty-gram from my instructor demanding the proctor information, basically calling me a cheater and telling me that because of this I now have to re-take the test, which she has already re-set so my grade is gone. Not only do I find it really insulting, but I got quite angry because I felt that I had done a VERY good job on that test. I was actually proud of myself for the essay I had written. Go figure. I go in to re-take the test and the proctor rolls her eyes and tells me the instructor NEVER EVEN contacted her. Then all of a sudden all of my work becomes, crap. I start getting poor grades because she says my essays are missing pieces ((like a title page and outline)) that she never asked for. Not in the lesson, not in the syllabus. People, somewhere along the lines, my powers of osmosis have failed me and now I have a failing grade. She also says if I need further help on something she has assigned I am to contact the writing lab. How the heck would they know what SHE wants?! Oh and she STILL ((THREE WEEKS LATER!!)) hasn't graded my second exam and she gave me a zero on my last essay because she said it was in the wrong form and late. Both of which are incorrect. I have screen shots to prove it.
Guess who has two thumbs and is taking all of this information, my essays, the lessons, and the syllabus down to file a formal complaint on Monday? This guy! er girl! The shitty thing is, the stupid class ends on Friday. If I fail this class, I owe MyCAA $450.00 -- um that we DONT have! All because she couldn't get off her high horse and give the test proctor a little phone call to see if I was cheating.
What. The. Duece.
Saturday, August 28, 2010
Eh! so you wanna fight, huh?
Posted by Just_Megs at 10:13 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment