It was a busy birthday weekend here at the hive, but Bug's birthday party was a great success and it is so great to know we have such wonderful people in our lives! She even had a few single soldiers here with gifts lol! Anyways, when I was about 8 months pregnant we watched Kung Fu Panda and I'm a closet-fat-kid and everytime they showed dumplings my mouth watered. I think we actually had to order take out. From that moment on, I have wanted to learn to make homemade dumplings but have just never gotten around to it. Then last week, I saw an episode of No(ooo) Reservations (with Anthony Bourdain) and he was eating new year's dumplings in China. This reignited the dumpling fire lit in my belly and I immediately googled a recipe. First thing is, they are SUPER easy! Second thing is, they are SUPER FREAKING delicious! I decided I would share the recipe here when J came up, gave me a kiss, and then granted me permission to make them whenever I wanted. Gee thanks, hun! LOL!
Recipe:
1 Ib. Sausage (I used Sage Jimmy Dean. Im sure there is a more appropriate kind but I used what I could find)
2 cups shredded* leeks
1 carrot shredded*
2 green onions shredded*
1 minced onion
1 egg
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Veg oil
1 (14 oz) pkg of wonton wrappers
Combine all ingredients into bowl until well mixed. Place a large spoonful of filling in the center of a dumpling skin. Moisten the edges and pinch closed. Drop dumplings into boiling water, allow to cook until they float to top. About 6 or 7 minutes.
For a dipping sauce I used sesame oil and soy sauce. I would highly recommend some Tiger Sauce, though, if you like that kind of stuff.
*I used the Parmesan side of my cheese grader for shredding.
And... Wah-La

Yum!
Monday, September 20, 2010
Easy Homemade Dumplings
Posted by Just_Megs at 6:29 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
YUM! Ok, now I'm starving and I want some of these! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I will definitely have to make these!
Those look soo good! I've tagged you and have questions waiting for you on my blog. I think you've solved my dinner dilema for tonight.
Those look delicious!!
BTW, I nominated you for a blog award on my blog. Hope you accept!
Post a Comment