THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thoughtful Thursday **Something a little different**

Today's Thoughtful Thursday, I thought I would do something a little bit different. I'd really like for everyone to read and weigh in. Today's Thoughtful Thursday everyone can be thoughtful :)

Ok, this first thing is for all you military spouses especially and any non-spouses I do still value your opinion and would love to hear anything anyone has to add.

My husband sent a racially charged text message to one of his co-workers, as a joke of course. This co-worker has played in this game before, and J himself has received sexually explicit or otherwise "inappropriate" text messages from this person. Well, the said co-workers wife saw this particular message (on her HUSBANDS phone) and took offense to the content. This is a couple who has been in our house for parties, and have hung out with us on several different occasions. While they aren't close friends, I wouldn't call them just acquaintances, either. They know us. When she saw this message, and became offended, she threatened to her husband to take it to the chain of command. Trying to prevent this, her husband called mine and told him he offended her and asked him to apologize. This was the first time my husband heard about this. To remedy the situation, my husband then called the wife sincerely apologizing for the misunderstanding. He explained that this is behavior which is common among everyone and he is not racist and he also said that he would never text something inappropriate again. Then he again apologized. The wife said, "I'm in the middle of something, I'll call you back." and then hung up on him and never called back. Yesterday, we find out that my husband now has an EO violation pending investigation against him, because of this situation. I want to make it clear: this message was sent to the HUSBANDS phone, after repeatedly behaving in this manner.

Do you agree with this? Is an EO violation the Right way to handle this? Why or Why not?

***** Next thing I would like input on. It's much lighter *****

My little Daisy-dog will not stay in the yard. We have a huge yard, they are fed expensive all natural food and clean water twice a day. There is no reason for her to get out, but she does. She makes a hole. We plug it up. She digs a new one. I have tried cayenne pepper, we have tried fixing the fence, we have tried everything. The damn dog still gets out. She has been picked up by Lawton Animal Control once and we've been charged almost $600.00 to get her back. It's a pain in the ass. And frankly, we don't have the money if it happens again. She usually comes back, unless she's picked up by someone. I'm on the verge of tying her up; which I do NOT want to do. The reason we have this big ol' yard, is so our dogs have a nice place to play. If anyone has any tips on keeping a dog in the yard - I would LOVE to hear them.

Hope everyone has a great day!

0 comments: