I'm not going to even try and play down the funk I've been in. I haven't been posting that much because who wants to listen to a wah-wah-cry baby whine about their lives? Not me. I don't even want to hear it and its MY life ((I'm pretty sure I've pointed this out already)). Well between the job searching, the house cleaning, Hurricane-Bug destroying the house every time I turn my back, and ah yes, accounting homework, this week has been pretty full.
I have been asking God to guide me and help me see what it is I need to do with myself. Is PT work in my future? Do I need to focus on the business? Do I just give up and live the whole of my life un-showered and hiding in my bed? ((Hey don't judge. You know you've been there.)) Well, about as I was finishing my little pep talk with God two nights ago, J's brother IM'd me and reminded me how lucky we are. Yes we are nearing ((someday in the not immediate future)) thirty and we don't have everything we want to have. What twenty-something does? Unless they've robbed a bank, they have rich parents, or won the lottery, not many of them out there. He also pointed out that while we aren't flying off to Rome on a whim, we aren't exactly living out of a box either. Thank you brother in law, for pointing that out.
Then, yet after another pep-talk with God about the work situation, Bug and I walked in to a new store in the mall. The owner was there. It's a cute store; she makes custom bows, t-shirts, headbands and has other gift-typy things. I asked her how business was and if she was a new business owner. She is. She is as frazzled as I am. I told her I call it new owner A.D.D. Then I asked her if she would be willing to sell hand carved stuff; I mean it fits in with the theme of the store? Why not? She then gave me some glass beads and asked me to carve them, then she said she would be willing to keep some of my stuff there in her store and we would work out a co-op relationship. Yay! And it's right before the holiday season starts!! Perfect!!
I think I may have found the kick in the ass I needed to get my butt out of this funk. I designed some Army-themed picture frames and made the designs to go on five of the clear 1.5" round beads she gave me. I made an initial, two local HS mascots, and an "Army Mom" and an "Army Wife." I think the Army ones are pretty cheesy, but hey, it's a Tradoc town. People come from all over for BCT graduations, why shouldn't we cash in on it?
The bible says ask and you'll get an answer. I'd really like to believe that because I asked for guidance, I received it. Now if only I could get an answer with this accounting homework...
Saturday, September 25, 2010
Sugar Bee's Update
Posted by Just_Megs at 6:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Those are beautiful! Im so happy for you and I hope it all works out!
Post a Comment