In the last two weeks I think I have probably applied to at least 50 different jobs. If I didn't live in Lawton, I would be pretty worried about my resume at this point. But I do and even that isn't bringing me much comfort at the moment. I was really stoked about my interview yesterday. It went really well and I'm sure the position will be mine for the taking after my second interview this afternoon, If I want it.
You see the job is with a major retail chain. I had deluded myself ((yet again)) into believeing that because the type of job it was, meant it wasn't a "retail" job. Wrong. So. Very. Wrong. It is. They are looking for a floater , which means they cant guarantee any hours - at ALL. And it pays minimum wage. Yay me. Minimum wage. I'm not trying to be a snot here, but minimum wage doesn't cover childcare and gas for my car. Not unless I'm working a more than FT position ((then it's only slightly worth it)) and that obviously isn't happening. So now I have a choice. Continue with the hiring process because some money is better than no money. Or, tell them thanks, but no thanks and keep looking. I mean in all honesty, I haven't made that since I was 16. Am I being unreasonable?
Here's the thing. I haven't had any time the last few weeks to do anything business wise. Have you noticed a lack of Sugar Bee's information? I have. I have had one paying customer. One. It's not because I haven't wanted to work on the business, but there always seems to be something else that has to be done and unless I want to give up sleep ((which could be very dangerous for those around me)) I don't have another option. I'm in a tight spot. Im at a fork in a fork in the road. What we really need right now is extra income. If I could put some effort and time into the business I might be able to bring that in. However, It might take a while and we don't have a while. If I focus on getting a PT job Im losing that time and effort.
I just wish that I knew exactly what to do. Exactly how long it will take and exactly how much it would bring in.
Thursday, September 23, 2010
It's My Blog, I can cry if I want to
Posted by Just_Megs at 11:07 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment