I know I just posted but I had originally gotten on here to post about our awesome tradition: The End-of-Cycle Party.
I am sitting here, in my pjs, on my over sized sectional sofa with my feet up and a nice comfy pillow under my head and I am snuggling a cup of coffee. J suffering from the onset of a rare form of "Irish Flu," and Bug are both upstairs asleep. The house is quiet except for Yard Crashers on the tv. I love this feeling. The only way to describe it is *aaahhhh!* I love to sit.
The last few days have been non-stop going. Friday, after a lot of reminiscing about how the hospital here took four weeks to diagnose a potentially deadly illness in a 4 week old, I decided not to wait on them and went to the ER. They didn't do much but they did set up an appt with an OB ((which they said my dr should have done before calling me)) and they gave me some pain meds. I don't take pain meds but at least I have them in case I really NEED them. I felt better about everything just knowing I will speak to someone about erything first thing Tuesday morning.
Yesterday, We did a fall-cleaning and went grocery shopping. Every eleven weeks, this house gets scrubbed down, top to bottom. I had to laugh when, three hours into house-scrub, my husband walked passed me, smacked my butt and said "Keep up the good work!" And I responded with, "If I kept up 'the good work' We wouldn't be doing this right now." I've already blogged about my new level of Domestic Goddess-ness, so I will just say the house really needed it. The reason we do it every eleven weeks is because at the end of every cycle we have a bbq party to celebrate another cycle down in our prison sentence here at Ft. Sill. It started with two people, the first party, and last night we had about eleven people here and two kids, other than our own. Several of the newcomers, I had never met before and it was nice to meet a couple of the other spouses. There is always drunken debauchery, last night was no different, right down to a guy getting smacked by a girl for an unwanted ass-grab and then almost falling on his face drunk. We always take keys, though and hide them. No drunk driving from our house. It was so nice to just hang out and talk to people and let go of last week. I even had some wine. It was a fun night and nothing got broken or puked on, which makes it a success in my book.
Today, I have resigned myself to sit. Just sit. The kitchen needs to be mopped and the whole house needs to be vacuumed, but Im ignoring it for the moment. The only reason I will be getting off this couch today, is for a ride at 4pm.
**aaahhh!** sit... Life is good.
Sunday, September 5, 2010
Relaxin...
Posted by Just_Megs at 10:07 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment